Call 770-424-1913 or EMAIL us

Other Services

At The Law Office of Paul Shimek, we make every effort to relieve the burden a vehicle crash imposes on your life. When we accept your case, you will receive a wide range of assistance related to your personal injury and property damage claims. Motor vehicle claims are all we do – and within this specialty, we offer full-service, including:


  • Reviewing your vehicle insurance coverage for adequacy and making recommendations for better coverage, from a consumer’s point of view
  • Making or obtaining photos of the damage to your vehicle and any visible injuries, for use as evidence
  • Handling all insurance coverage issues that may occur during your claim
  • Coordinating other insurance coverage you may have, including health insurance and MedPay, to cover the cost of medical treatment while your claim is pending
  • Coordinating medical care as necessary
  • Dealing with past-due notices from medical providers
  • Fending off debt collectors of medical bills related to the collision
  • Assisting you with obtaining legal representation for other types of claims, such as workers’ compensation, social security disability, immigration, violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), etc.
  • Negotiating hospital liens and medical bills
  • Negotiating subrogation and reimbursement claims by health insurance plans


In addition to handling your property damage claim and assisting you with rental car arrangements, we handle the following types of claims for you:

  • GAP Claims. If your vehicle is totaled but you still have a loan on it, the insurance company will pay the lienholder first, and whatever is left goes to you. If you owe more than the vehicle is worth (you’re “upside down” on the loan), you are responsible for paying the remaining balance. However, if you have Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) insurance, this coverage would cover the remainder. We can assist you with a GAP claim.
  • Personal Property Damage Claims. A property damage claim may also include your personal property – items inside the car, glove compartment, console, trunk, or in a truck bed. Personal property includes child restraint seats, eyeglasses, clothing, cell phone, laptop, camera, etc. You may be entitled to compensation from the liability carrier for the repair cost or the value of these items. Pets are also considered personal property. If your pet was injured in the collision, you would have a claim for the reasonable medical costs incurred for treatment. As part of our legal services, we can seek recovery of your personal property damages.
  • Claims for Deductible. If you used the collision coverage of your insurance policy to cover your property damage, you most likely incurred a deductible of $500 or $1,000. Although your insurer may try to recover this amount for you from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, this may a long time. We can usually recover it faster. And if your deductible is not paid, we can pursue a bad faith claim for you.

“Does a great job. Free initial consultation. Takes pictures of your car, files diminished value, handles PI claim and insurance subrogation claim after settlement. All important parts of the process that few people talk about.” —Cheryl R.