Guidelines for Accepting New Cases
Several factors are considered to determine which cases to accept. These criteria include:
- Clear liability. In order for your case to be successful, we must prove that the wreck was caused by the other driver’s negligence, and that you didn’t contribute to the cause of the collision.
- Amount of damage to your vehicle. At least $1,500 in visible damage to your vehicle must have been sustained.
- Timeliness of medical treatment. The date of the first medical treatment following a collision is critical. The sooner you seek treatment the better – preferably within 48 hours.
- Proof of injury. Pre-existing medical conditions could affect your claim. Medical documentation from your treating doctors will be necessary to prove that your injuries were caused from the collision.
- Availability of insurance coverage. Your case can be pursued if there is insurance available to provide coverage of your claim. In most cases, compensation for injuries can come from the at-fault party’s liability insurance. In other cases it can come from your uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, if it is included in your policy.
These are some of the threshold items that are considered in evaluating a claim. If your personal injury case falls within these guidelines, please contact us for a free consultation and case evaluation.