The Initial Consultation: What to Expect and Bring
If you decide to seek advice about your car wreck, please feel free to contact the Law Office of Paul Shimek for an appointment. The initial consultation will generally last about an hour, or as long as it takes for you to have sufficient information to be comfortable with the process and have your questions answered. The purpose of the meeting is to obtain information about the collision and your injuries, determine the viability of your claim, and explain the law and the process. There is never a charge for the consultation, and there is no obligation to hire us.
What to Bring to the Initial Consultation
- Police report (available at the police precinct and at www.BuyCrash.com)
- Photos of the damaged vehicles and of your injuries
- Hospital discharge papers
- Prescription labels and receipts
- Medical bills
- Contact information of your doctors
- Your automobile insurance “Declarations Page” showing your coverages
- Your health insurance card
- Any documents you have received from an insurance company regarding the wreck
If you are unable to gather all of this information, don’t worry. Just bring what you have. As a minimum, we’ll need to review the police report.